August Yogi of the month : Adam
Meet our August yogi of the month : Adam
1. When and where did you first start practising yoga?
In February 2012, I took a few private classes with Harry, to find out more and see if this ‘yoga stuff’ was for me.
2. Why were you interested in the first place?
I’ve had ongoing back problems and my physiotherapist had been suggesting I try yoga for some time. Plus general interest had been sparked from numerous people I know who all seemed so positive about the benefits of yoga.
3. What is it that got you hooked?
How good I feel after a class! My back complaint has gone and the thought of being active for many years to come – headstand at 80!
4. What do you love about Live and Breathe yoga?
Allison is a great instructor and I love the peaceful, friendly environment she has created at the studio.
5. What benefits have you felt since practising yoga?
I have better thought clarity and I’m more able to process thoughts in particular around work, which has many knock on benefits. The best thing is the back pain has gone!
6. How often do you practice in a week?
At this stage, one class a week and some at home….need to do more !!
7. What’s your favourite thing about Ashtanga Yoga?
How physical it is and the general feeling “this is good for me” (mostly after class and definitely not during backbend, ha!).
8. What would you say to someone who is thinking of trying yoga?
Try it, see if it works for you!