September Yogi of the month : Chris
Read all about Chris’s yoga story. He has overcome injury, built an incredible strength and is always smiling! Thanks Chris for being our Live and Breathe Yoga, Yogi of the month.
1. When and where did you first start practising yoga?
I started practicing at Live and Breathe about 15 months ago after starting training with Harry at Spark Movement Studio in late 2012.
2. Why were you interested in the first place?
I was originally interested in increasing my physical flexibility and strength – the fact that there were some cool postures helped.
3. What is it that got you hooked?
I’m passionate about making the most of life, part of that is health – mentally, physically and emotionally. Yoga allows me to be healthy in all of these areas.
4. What do you love about Live and Breathe yoga?
It’s not a business nor a studio – it’s a community that love each other and have a whole heap of fun.
5. What benefits/changes have you felt since practising yoga?
Mentally – yoga has allowed me to better understand and accept who I am.
Physically – I feel amazing – the healthiest I’ve ever been.
Emotionally – my practice allows me to take perspective when life is tough.
6. How often do you practice in a week?
I head to the studio 2-3 times a week and play at home about the same amount during the week for maybe 10-30mins.
7. What’s your favourite thing about Ashtanga Yoga?
I love how I know and continue to get to know my mind, body and heart more deeply. I’m more connected.
8. What would you say to someone who is thinking of trying yoga?
Please do it. Ashtanga allows you start whenever you are at and take your own journey.
Thank you Chris! Your tenacity to keep showing up no matter what is always inspiring and your infectious laugh brings so much joy to the studio.