September Yogi of the month : Tine
Meet Tine, our September Yogi of the month…
1. When and where did you first start practising yoga?
In early 2010, when a friend of mine convinced me to join him to attend a yoga class with the lovely Allison. I should have given it a try way before!
2. Why were you interested in the first place?
I had a lot of things going on during this time and friends suggested yoga as a tool to relieve stress and switch off. And it worked wonders… Furthermore, I got promised a sweaty work-out and definitely didn’t get disappointed.
3. What is it that got you hooked?
Prior to trying, I thought that the biggest challenge in yoga would be to stay awake – I was so wrong! The classes are far from being boring and I’m still amazed at the physical aspects of yoga. It is the perfect combination of flexibility, strength, and time to listen to your body.
4. What do you love about Live and Breathe yoga?
Allison – she is the best teacher ever. She makes impossible poses possible and classes so enjoyable, while making sure to avoid any sort of ‘funky’ pain.
5. What benefits have you felt since practising yoga?
My stress levels decreased and my strength and flexibility improved. That’s a win-win.
6. How often do you practice in a week?
Currently only 1-2 times a week, but I need to do some more.
7. What’s your favourite thing about Ashtanga Yoga?
To know what to expect and that there is no sneaky way to avoid poses I dislike.
8. What would you say to someone who is thinking of trying yoga?
Just give it a go!